LIST OF sexualities...
Straight - Person is attracted to the opposite sex.
Lesbian - Women who are sexually and romantically attracted to other women.
Gay - Men who are sexually and romantically attracted to other men.
Bisexual - People who are sexually attracted to both genders.
Pansexual - Person who doesn’t have a gender preference. They’re attracted to all and any gender.
Polysexual - People who are attracted to many different genders, but not all of them.
Asexual - People who feel no sexual attraction toward anyone, but do still have romantic desires.
Demisexual - People who need to connect emotionally before sexual attraction.
Queer - An umbrella term, used to describe those who fall under any sexual orientation that is not heterosexual.
TOP TIPS FOR COMING OUT...
1. Consider the timing.
2. Determine whether this is the right time.
3. Consider the way you want to "Come Out" - There are many ways to come out, for example a letter, video message, text message, social media post, face to face conversation. It's important to choose the right way for you.
3. Be in a good place in your life.
4. Be realistic and anticipate what their reactions will be.
5. Arm yourself with answers ahead of time.
6. Stay calm, even if the person you're telling isn't.
7. Their approval or permission is not required.
8. In the end, know that they love you.
COMING OUT VIDEOS BY FAMILIAR FACES...
NEED FURTHER SUPPORT?
Below is a list of organisations which can offer you further advice and support with your sexuality:
Stonewall - www.stonewall.org.uk - They run campaigns for the equality of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people across Britain.
Switchboard LGBT - www.switchboard.lgbt - A LGBT+ helpline – a place for calm words when you need them most. They're there to help you with whatever you want to talk about.
LGBT Foundation - www.lgbt.foundation - LGBT Foundation is a national charity delivering advice, support and information services to lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities.